Monday, February 4, 2008

Picks Picks Picks

By the way, while I'm not an Eli Manning fan and I think that any players who refuses to play for the team that drafted him deserves to get kicked about the head and neck the Super Bowl last night as maybe the best I've seen in years. I'm sure the suit wearing, glad-handing, corporate dillholes would disagree considering the low scoring nature of the game, but for me it was as intense as they come. I also like to see the Patriots lose, it warms my iron heart. Now on to tonight's games. Only 3 games on tap tonight so I have very little to choose from but luckily there are two "underdogs" I like tonight that could get me back on track...or they could continue to stomp on my face, either way here they are:

Pittsburgh +165 at Devils -190

The Penguins beat the Devils last Tuesday and while New Jersey will be eager for revenge, I have to take the Penguins just because -190 in this situation seems nuts. Pittsburgh

Result: Penguins owned the game until about the midway mark of the third period where suddenly New Jersey started outworking them and were able to score the kinds of dirty, hard-working goals that are necessary if you want to win a division and a championship. Despite outshooting New Jersey 34 to 25, Penguins fall in overtime after coughing up a 3-1 lead.

Phoenix +130 at Colorado -150

I don't believe in Colorado without Sakic, Smyth and a consistent goaltender. I do believe in Bryzgalov. Phoenix

Result: Despite Bryzgalov sitting for the night, most likely to get some rest before playing the second game of a back-to-back series, Phoenix is able to finish Colorado in overtime.

Calgary at Edmonton

Couldn't get the lines but it doesn't matter. Cujo makes his season debut in another round of the Battle of Alberta and I don't see it going in his favor. Edmonton beats Calgary

Result: Cujo looked out of shape and out of place, allowing 5 goals on 28 shots while Garon secures a 24 shot shutout. However, it's important to point out that many of the goals scored on Cujo were rebounds or due to poor defensive coverage. In fact, it's one of the worst games I've ever seen the Flames play. Flames' tough guy Godard received his third game misconduct, after an undiscinplined play in which he ran into Garon, punched Joni Pitkanen and then suckered Gilbert within a span of about 5 seconds before Garon came to his teammates' aid, and is automatically suspended as a result.

No comments: