Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oh Yes, There Will Be Blood

Some great games on tap tonight, and my game of the night has to be Rangers at Flyers. This should be a nasty game as the Rangers are struggling while the Flyers are, well, flying.

My picks for the evening.

Rangers +130 at Flyers -150. Flyers -1.5 +190.
I'll take Flyers to win and Flyers -1.5. I just can't see the Rangers hanging with Philly right now.

Result: Rangers DESTROY the Flyers and shut them out 4-0 chasing Niittymaki out of the net in the process. Flyers are brought back down to earth and hopefully for me, since I drafted Biron, this will mean the return the relatively consistent Biron.

BlueJackets+125 at Predators -145.
These odds would be heavily in the Jackets favor if this were being played on their home ice, so I'll take the "underdog" just to see what happens.

Result: Well it was apparently a night to chase goaltenders out of the net as Leclaire, leading the league in shutouts and one of the top goalies in the league statistically, only survived two periods against the Preds show seem to have some life after announcing that JP Dumont and Jordan Tootoo are there to stay.

Canucks -105 at Lightning -115.
The Lightning favored over the Canucks with Luongo back in net? Easy choice. In fact, I wish I had the odds for the Canucks winning by more than 2.

Result: Luongo looked okay but not his normal dominant self and the Lightning would eventually win 4-3, a score that makes the game seem closer than it felt.

No comments: