Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Earning Shutouts

Shut-Outs are always hard on the losing team ... especially when the opposing goalie is a brick wall, and they do everything they can to squeak a puck by. But when the losing team (Edmonton) doesn't even try ... and Nabby doesn't even break a sweat stopping the 13 shots taken, you know it was a shut out handed over.

To add insult to injury, Edmonton's Craig MacTavish is quoted saying "It was a humbling effort. I didn't see this effort coming, you can say that we got outbattled but we didn't even get to the battle."

Don't get me wrong, there have been many times when I have watch San Jose look like the keystone cops ... but a win is a win, and a shut out is wonderful when Nabby is my go to goalie on my Head 2 Head Fantasy Team!

Looks like we have some good matches tonight - I'll throw my predictions up later this afternoon.

No comments: